Computer Vision Engineer
About the job:
Mezmeriz is on a mission to capture and digitize the built environment. Our unique hardware and software solution combines LiDAR technology, simple off-the-shelf 360-degree cameras, AI and computer vision, to record, analyze, and share insights about the physical spaces where we live and work. Our current focus is providing the $ 10T Commercial Real Estate, and Construction industries with a visual platform to document, analyze, and proactively resolve issues throughout the entire life of buildings, from construction, to building operation and maintenance
We are looking for a computer vision expert to design and implement perception algorithms and run detailed tests to evaluate performance on real-world data. Examples include image registration, image segmentation, image search etc. You will work with platform engineers to develop production-level implementations, and whip real products that people in the real world actually use.
Come do your best work with us!
We welcome engineers from diverse backgrounds who are curious and want to learn and grow.
Our company is headquartered in Ithaca, NY, but we are accepting remote work from applicants all over the country.
- MS or Ph.D. in computer science or another related field
- At least five years of professional experience building and testing perception systems
- Expert level knowledge of SLAM/SfM techniques
- High level of proficiency in Python
- Experience developing and shipping software to end-users; we want more than research work
- Effective working with both local and remote teams, solid communication skills
- Proficiency in C++ and numeric libraries like Eigen is a plus
- Experience with perception algorithms using 360 cameras is a big plus.
Why you should join our team:
- Computer vision technologies provide a powerful tool to inspect and understand the built environment
- We have a talented team of people working on unique technology to provide real value and improve productivity to industries that have historically lagged behind
- We are startup that is scaling up and growing fast
- 401K plan with company match
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Competitive employee stock option plan
- Flexible paid vacation policy and sick days
- Stipend to personalize your workstation
- Weekly care package delivered to where you do your best work
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Tell us in your cover letter why you’re interested in building with Mezmeriz- -we are always interested in a good story.
Mezmeriz is proud to be an equal employment workplace and affirmative action employer. By valuing inclusion and diversity of all forms, we strictly prohibit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.